How much do you know about the roots of the team that became the Dodgers?
- What year did the team begin playing?
- What league did the team play in?
- What was the first year that the team played in the major leagues?
- What was the team’s nickname?
- What name was given to the team in 1888 and why?
- When was Dodgers adopted as the team’s official name?
More Team Trivia—
- Whose idea was it to start the Brooklyn team that became the Dodgers?
- Who was the team’s first president and the man behind the team’s success?
- Who was his partner?
- Who was the team’s main financial backer?
- What baseball innovations did the first president begin or promote?
- Who was the team’s first star player?
Still More Team Trivia–
- What team was Brooklyn’s major rival in the 1880s?
- Who was the owner of the rival team?
- Who was the player-manager?
- How many consecutive pennants did the rival team win?
- How did its rowdy players bend the rules?
- What off-the-field ruckus at Sportsman’s Park in St. Louis made news in 1886?
Even more Brooklyn Baseball history trivia:
- How did Brooklyn win the Interstate championship in 1883?
- How did Brooklyn try to buy the 1885 American Association pennant?
- How did Brooklyn try to win the 1888 pennant?
- How much did Brooklyn pay to buy 3 St. Louis stars?
- Brooklyn paid pitcher Bob Caruthers the highest salary in the league. How much?
- How did Brooklyn finally win 2 straight pennants?